Kid’s say the darndest things, don’t they?
I’ve started recording some of the gorgeous chats I’ve had with young Benjamin lately, because I want to keep these gems forever.
Here are a few recent conversations:
- My heart melted when Benjamin piped up the other day, “Mommy, you’re my Best Friend!” Just before it could go to my head, I overheard him telling his toys with just as much emphasis, “Lightning McQueen, you’re my Best Friend! Green quad bike, you’re my Best Friend! Well, at least I rank right up there with his favourite toys.
- I arrive home with a few groceries, and Ben says: “Mom, have you got a ‘prise for me.” (His word for surprise). I take a little packet of mini biscuits out the shopping bag, and he says with disgust, “That’s not a ‘prise, that’s biscuits!” I explain that I only went to the grocery store for a couple of things, and ask, “What kind of surprise were you hoping for?” Ben says: “I’ll give you a clue… a motor bike!” Of course he means the toy variety (thank heavens).
- During a feed, while Ben is swapping from one side to the other, he pauses just long enough to say, “Duuuhlicious!“
- Ben wakes up in the morning, and I can see he’s in deep thought, so I ask him what he’s thinking about and he says, “Mommy’s milk.“
- We get in the car after a trip to the shopping mall, and I ask Ben if he’s tired. He says, “No, I not tired, I just happy. Mommy, you make me sooo happy.”
- Ben has a short coughing fit. Concerned that he might be choking on something, I ask if he’s okay. He says, nonchalantly “I fine. I just coughing.“
- On our walks, Benjamin has picked up my habit of looking out for cars when crossing the road. I find it so adorable when he says, “Careful Mommy, there’s a car coming.“
Everyone wants their child to have a comfortable and safe journey on a vehicle whether it’s in a car or a van. Even the smallest car can make your child comfortable while traveling if you have a car seat.
By analyzing all the expert and consumer review sites and monitoring every baby car seat review Reviews Bee created the Top 10 list of best car seats available in the market.
Find ReviewsBee on Facebook.
3 More classic gems from Benjamin:
- “I can do anything I do… because I’m a boy!” (16th Jan 2016)
- Ben is playing for time before his nap so he starts up the game: “when I say motorbike, say motorbike”. I play along and say, “Motorbike”. After he comes up with about 10 different things, he runs out of ideas, so I start prompting him, “when I say quad bike, say quad bike”. He happily goes along with me until I say, “when I say naptime…” Without pausing for breath he says “playtime!” He he he… Too quick for his Mommy! (20th Jan 2016)
- Holding out menus as we get to our table at a restaurant, Ben says: “I’ll have the one for kids and here, Mom – you have the one for humans.” (26 Jan 2017)
Originally Posted on Toddler Teacher on 14th Jan 2016
Would love to hear some of your children’s classic gems… please go ahead and leave a comment.